Tuesday, June 19, 2007

mouth and heart

Proverbs 19 and some Psalms
 
I love David's prayer:
 
Psalm 19:14
   May the words of my mouth
      and the meditation of my heart
   be pleasing to you,
      O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
 
And the Lord will change me into a new person of whom this is true:
 
Psalm 49:3
   For my words are wise,
      and my thoughts are filled with insight.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please change me into a new person.  My flesh is disgusting - always wanting to whine and say mean things, always wanting to sin.  But I know that you are molding me into the image of Christ so that my words will be wise, and my thoughts will be of you.  Lord, I beg you, please heal me, and redeem my life from destruction!  I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment