Monday, June 18, 2007

wife

 
Verses 21-22 really stood out to me today:
 
21 The tongue can bring death or life;
      those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
22 The man who finds a wife finds a treasure,
      and he receives favor from the Lord.
 
I think you can evaluate these two verses independently and jointly.  The first point is pretty clear, our words (to anyone) have a powerful effect.  This is something that the Lord has been teaching me for several months now, and I pray that I will learn this quickly, because the consequences are binary.  Second, it is simply true that my wife is a great treasure from the Lord, and He has thoroughly blessed me through her.  Third, I need to be very careful what I say to my wife, because kind and loving words will encourage life, but hasty or cruel words will kill her.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with a wonderful wife.  Lord, I pray that you will grow her more into the image of Christ, and that she will obey your will.  Lord, I pray that you will help me treat her with kindness, respect, and love - with tender words of affection that promote life.  Lord, please help me know when to speak and when not to speak, and when I do speak, help me know what to say and what not to say.  Lord, may the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you.  I pray this in Jesus's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment