Friday, June 8, 2007

searching for Christ

Proverbs 8 and some Psalms
 
I met with a Brother this morning, and it was very refreshing.  He told me about his trip to Puerto Rico to speak at a conference for college students.  In his first address, he spoke about the Lord's work of creation and his foreknowledge of conforming the Believers to the image of His Son.  This is His fundamental objective, that we become the likeness of Christ - taking on His very Mind.
 
In that context, I related my experience of seeing Christ as the Wisdom of God throughout Proverbs.  I don't think it is stretching scripture to see how 1 Corinthians 1 explains that Christ is the Wisdom of God and it paints a clear picture of Christ throughout the book of Proverbs.  I know some people might think I am being liberal with interpretation, but is this not our goal - that we find Christ in every page of Scripture and know Him more intimately ( e.g., Jesus's explanations on the road to Emmaus in Luke 24). 
 
I once heard a quote by C. H. Spurgeon about finding Christ in every Scripture, so I did a little web-search and came across this sermon (which doesn't include that quote but is along the same lines):  http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/2329.htm entitled, "The Lamb of God in Scripture."  Then I ran accross one of his morning devotionals http://www.ccel.org/ccel/spurgeon/morneve.d0119am.html  that sounds a lot like the quote I heard.  Both are stirring to read.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to me through your Son.  Lord, I pray that your Holy Spirit will guide me into all truth as I seek to find Christ in every page of Scripture - that I may gain Christ and be found in Him.  Lord, please grow me to be a person who is obsessed with Christ Jesus - that He would be all that consumes me, and for your glory.  I ask this in Jesus's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment