Wednesday, September 19, 2007

God vs. Satan (i.e., "hah!")

 
As I was reading Revelation 13, I was struck by these verses (particularly the ending):
3 I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery—but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast. 4 They worshiped the dragon for giving the beast such power, and they also worshiped the beast. "Who is as great as the beast?" they exclaimed. "Who is able to fight against him?"
It's amazing how the world will assume that Satan (or the Antichrist) is the most powerful, which demonstrates the magnitude of this deception.  Also, I think it's interesting that the world assumes that the winner of a fight is supreme.  This is the wrong metric.  The world is asking, "Who is able to fight against [Satan/Antichrist]," but the real question is, "Who can even stand in God's holy presence!?"  Who can even sit in God's holiness?  The most amazing angels cover themselves in the presence of God.  So what depraved human can even exist in God's holiness, apart from the justifying and sanctifying work of Jesus Christ!?  NO ONE!  Yeah, that's the real question; this "fighting" business is mute.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your holiness.  God I honor you because you are worthy to be praised.  Lord, you are worth so much more than I give you.  Please forgive me for not glorifying you as I should.  Please help me live a life that honors you in each moment!  And I pray that you will defeat the enemy, that Accuser of the Brothers that attacks us day and night.  Father, I pray for victory in my life and all the Saints, only through the precious blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment