Friday, September 21, 2007

ugh!

Proverbs 21

John 15

Revelation 16

Revelation 17

 
Well, I certainly wouldn't classify Revelation 16 and 17 as "happy" chapters.  In fact, these chapters are yet another sober reminder that those who are corrupted by this world (and the evil one that instigates disobedience) will receive a perfectly just judgement - a terrible sentence of anguish and torment for eternity.  This frightening scene both saddens me for those who have not repented and placed their hope of eternal salvation in Christ alone, and it bolsters my disengagement from worldly things.  The imagery is quite strong, and I got a sick feeling in my stomach, especially when reading chapter 17.
 
I am concerned for several of my friends.  I wish they could see what a joyful, peaceful, and abundant life is available by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.  The alternative is quite grim; this truth seems so ethereal now, but any minute now, this world and it's desires will pass away, and the spiritual reality will be more clear than anything we see in this life.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that explains the two simple options.  There is True Life by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; else, there is eternal death and separation from the One Who Created us, where we find our true identity and satisfaction.  Lord, please help me despise the things of this world and only find my joy and satisfaction in You.  I pray that my life will be an example to follow as I seek to become holy as you are holy.  I ask these things in the Name of Jesus, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment