Thursday, September 20, 2007

God's holiness part 2

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the eternal Good News to proclaim to the people who belong to this world—to every nation, tribe, language, and people. 7 "Fear God," he shouted. "Give glory to him. For the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water." 
 
Revelation 15:3 And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: 
   "Great and marvelous are your works,
      O Lord God, the Almighty.
   Just and true are your ways,
      O King of the nations.
 4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
      and glorify your name?
      For you alone are holy.
   All nations will come and worship before you,
      for your righteous deeds have been revealed."
For He alone is holy.  He is the definition of holiness.  He is so holy that we should fear Him because of His holiness and our unholiness - an infinite difference in holiness.  This is why He deserves our worship - He is so utterly holy that His state of existence demands our captivation!  We must glorify Him!  There is no other feasible response to His holiness.  We must be humbled; He must be praised!  We must confess our sin; we must confess His absolute and totally complete perfection!  In fact, our state of being is incapable of giving Him the worship and praise He deserves, which means it is necessary that we spend eternity attempting to do so!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am blown away by your holiness.  As I meditate on your perfection and absolute righteousness, I am enthralled by your grace, that you would love a sinner like me.  Lord, I deserve to die because of my sin.  Yet, in your incredible mercy and grace, you afforded me an opportunity to know you and spend eternity with you, the definition of love and holiness.  Lord, may I continually give my life as an offering of thanks and praise to you.  Lord, may you be pleased with my life as an offering of worship that honors your holiness.  Lord, may I become holy as you are holy, for this is what you require.  I know that this is only possible by your Holy Spirit's sanctifying work in my heart and life, made possible through the shed blood of the perfect Lamb.  It is in His name, Jesus the Christ, that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment