Friday, September 28, 2007

mercy and grace

13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper,
      but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.  
14 Blessed are those who fear to do wrong,
      but the stubborn are headed for serious trouble.
Every time I read these verses, I'm impressed with how similar they are to 1 John 1:8-9 "8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."
 
How incredible and unending is His mercy and His grace, which I need every day.  Hebrews 4:16 says, "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. "
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to us and opening the door to your throne room through Jesus Christ.  I pray that I will not only know your mercy and grace, but that I will share with others your goodness and kindness that leads us to repentance.  May I walk in your favor, according to your Will, and in step with the Holy Spirit.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment