Friday, September 14, 2007

the identity of the God-Man

 
John records in chapter 8 a discussion of identity that Jesus had with the religious leaders of the day ("experts" on God).  Jesus explains that the religious hypocrites were children of Satan because of how they behaved.  Jesus, however, is the Son of God and proves this by what he does.  The conversation climaxes with Christ invoking the eternal identity of God - "I AM."  Jesus is the very same substance as the Father - He is fully Deity.  I went back and studied Exodus 3:14 and Exodus 34:6 on two of the primary names of God (the "notes" in these hyperlinks are powerfully elucidating).
 
Meditating on these names this morning has revolutionized my perspective of Him and myself.  Here lies the practice of a fundamental spiritual principal that's been repeated to me in several ways:  it is only through a more proper understanding of Who God Is that i realize my identity and purpose.  John 17:3 - "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
 
Wow!  I am simply blown away by Who He Is.  He is indescribable.  We can not explain Him with feeble human language, yet we shall forever try!
 
Prayer
Praise Jehovah Elohim for the incredible justifying work of His Son Jesus the Messiah and His work in and through the Church He has redeemed and is sanctifying through the Holy Spirit!  He is matchless; He is of infinite worth!  How much love we experience that He desires us to participate in Glorifying Him!  He is the Eternal One, the most sovereign King reigning forever!
 
Father, I beg you to humble me before your infinite identity.  Lord, I am unworthy of your mercy and grace, undeserving of your kindness.  Lord, may I live to glorify Your Name and know you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment