Monday, September 24, 2007

suburban paradise

 
One of my friends told me that he thought it was interesting how the Scriptures start out with the Garden of Eden, but it ends in a city.  I suppose it's logical though, since the beginning had only two humans, and the end has at least one representative from every tribe, nation, and tongue.  How cool is that?
1Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
Oh, man!  I can't wait!  We'll finally know Peace and Rest, and we'll get to talk to Him.  It will be like the perfect vacation: beautiful scenery, no worries, all you can eat, and best of all, no time limit with our Savior.  That gives me peace just thinking about it.  It's amazing how powerful that scripture is that instructs us to "set your mind on things above."  No doubt, I feel my blood pressure going down right now.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that promises eternal satisfaction to those who believe in Jesus Christ.  Lord, I pray that you will give me a compassionate heart to see others come to know you.  I pray that you will show me the gifts you've given me to serve you and your Body.  Lord, I pray that your Peace and Rest would come upon me here on this earth, and that those around me would be drawn to the supernatural joy and love that come from you.  God, I praise you for your perfect plan, and I thank you for including me.  I pray that my life will glorify you today.  I pray that I will worship you with my life.  I pray in the Name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment