Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jesus is the central focus!

 
Independent of your perspective on transubstantiation/consubstantiation, a Christian must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He came to earth as a real, physical man.  This is fascinating because He is both 100% Deity and 100% human.
John 6:27 But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval. ... 38 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. ... 40 For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day. ... 47 I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. 48 Yes, I am the bread of life!
 
2 John 1:7 I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist.
You know, we can quickly dive into a lot of theological discussions from John 6, but this morning, I am impressed with the simplicity of the Gospel.  I really like John's concluding explanation in 1 John 5:
20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself through your Son Jesus Christ.  Lord, thank you for giving us eternal life through faith in Jesus.  Thank you for giving us fellowship with you through Christ's broken body and spilled blood.  Lord, I praise you for your kindness and mercy.  I pray that my life will hear, look, taste, smell, and feel the power of the Holy Spirit at work.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, on Whom I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment