Tuesday, September 11, 2007

always about Jesus

 
Over and over and over - the Holy Spirit repeats the same message of hope and life again and again through different writers.  Here John explains the simplicity of the Gospel:
4:9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. ... 15 All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.  God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
 
5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. ... 10 All who believe in the Son of God know in their hearts that this testimony is true. Those who don't believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don't believe what God has testified about his Son.  11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God's Son does not have life. 1 3 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. 
I wish I was as obsessed about Jesus as the Scriptures are!  I love how obedience is inextricably ingrained in Faith.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your testimony, the Spirit's testimony, and the testimony of the blood and the water.  Lord, I confess to you and the whole world that I am a sinner in need of a Savior and that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah, my Redeemer, and my Master!  Lord, I pray that you will grow in me a love for people, that I will be bold about sharing the reality of my faith with those around me.  Lord, may they see your love shining through me; may they get a glimpse of Christ's love for them through me.  I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment