Wednesday, September 26, 2007

logical inconsistency

 
As I was showering this morning, I prayed something like, "Lord, please help me delight in you more."  Well, this morning I read John's account of the resurrection, and it reminded me of a quote I recently heard:
"If one-tenth of what you believe is true, you ought to be ten times as excited as you are."
  - Sir Walter Moberly
Indeed, Christians realize that the Creator and Sovereign God of the universe has credited our insufficient-funds morality account with the precious blood of His only begotten Son and has infused us with His very own Spirit that raised up Christ from the grave, yet we tend to walk around defeated and deflated.  Now, if that don't just beat all.
 
We should live our lives in confidence of God's resurrection power; the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead can raise up this broken "life" to glorify God!  Why don't I let Him?  Pride.  Arrogance.  Selfishness.  Scaredy-cat-chicken-heartedness.  This certainly doesn't jive with the conclusion of John 20:
29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."  30Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that teaches me the Truth about You and me and breaks the power of Satan's lies.  Jesus, thank you for dieing to pay the penalty of my sins, and I praise You for conquering death itself.  Lord, I pray that you will fill me with your presence, that I may know the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, and that I may experience your resurrection power!  Lord, save me from myself!  Please cleanse me, wash me, and regenerate me.  Mold me into Your image, the image of Christ Jesus.  Lord, pour your Spirit through me into other people's lives that they may know you!  I pray this in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment