Tuesday, September 18, 2007

accountability

 
Over the last week, the Lord has led me to two accountability partners!  I am very excited about what the Lord is doing in my life and theirs.  What's so fascinating is that the three of us are really striving towards the same thing: being the growing, scriptural leader of our marriage through daily prayer and Bible study with our wives.  How cool is that?!
 
In my experience this week, I have been reminded how we need to exercise humility each day.  It's like drinking water: it will last a few hours (a day at most), but there are natural processes that remove water from your body.  Similarly, I can "drink" humility today, but it won't last very long.  I really must drink humility each day; I have to deny myself, take up my cross, and follow Christ each and every day.  It's like manna.  The Israelites couldn't save up for the next day; they needed the "bread of life" each day.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus, who is the Bread of Life, who I can consume each day.  Lord, I know that man doesn't live on physical bread alone, but on every word that comes from You.  God, thank you for my Brothers in Christ who are pursuing a closer relationship with you.  I pray that you will bless us and grow us as we strengthen each other with your Word and Spirit.  Lord, I pray that as we share Christ with each other, He will make His home in our hearts.  Lord, please bless our marriages, and please help us be committed to growing in You more each day through prayer and studying your word with our wives.  I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment