Tuesday, September 9, 2008

burning stick

Zechariah 1:1-6:15

I've been really sleepy and tired these last several weeks, and I'm really wearing thin.  These last few days I've been so tired that it is difficult to be motivated toward the Lord, so I've simply asked Him to turn my heart toward Him and fill me with His love and spirit.  He is so kind to reveal Himself, and He is so faithful as we approach His Word in humility.  These verses at the beginning of Zechariah show God's incredible mercy and love and His desire to fill us with Himself:

1:2... 'Return to me,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD Almighty. ... 2:4... 'Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of men and livestock in it. 5 And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within.'

I love the Messianic prophecy in chapter 3:

3:1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?" 3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you." ... 8 " 'Listen, O high priest Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.  10 " 'In that day each of you will invite his neighbor to sit under his vine and fig tree,' declares the LORD Almighty."

I am simply a "burning stick snatched from the fire" of Hell! And I don't answer to Satan because Yahweh has redeemed me by the Blood of the Lamb!  He can take away my filthiness and clothe me in the richness of Christ because He removed the sin of the world in a single day!  And now I invite others to join me in experiencing His Life!

4:6 So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, fill me with your Spirit today!  I want to walk in your Life!  You are so kind that you would grab me out of the fire (just a filthy burning stick) and clothe me with Jesus Christ!  I want to honor you with my life!  Lord, please help me invite my neighbors to sit under your vine and fig tree.  Empower me with your Holy Spirit!  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the Branch, the Stone, the Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment