Friday, September 12, 2008

Messianic prophecy

Zechariah 10-14

Zechariah is rich with prophecies about Christ:

11:12 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver.  13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.

12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd,
       against the man who is close to me!"
       declares the LORD Almighty.
       "Strike the shepherd,
       and the sheep will be scattered,
       and I will turn my hand against the little ones.

The fact that all of this is spoken 500 years before Christ fulfilled every single little detail is incredible!  It demonstrates that God not only knows everything, He also controls everything to work out His plan like clockwork.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your infinite knowledge and power.  I thank you that you sent your Son to pay the penalty for my sin.  It was no accident.  Thank you for bringing me into your Kingdom, and I ask that you help me live according to your plan.  I trust that you are able, so I give you my life.  Please take me and use me for your glory.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment