Thursday, September 11, 2008

praise Yahweh

Psalm 118, 129, 148, 149, 150; Ezra 6:19-22; Zechariah 9

From Psalm 118:

 24 This is the day the LORD has made;
       let us rejoice and be glad in it.

 25 O LORD, save us;
       O LORD, grant us success.

 26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
       From the house of the LORD we bless you.

 27 The LORD is God,
       and he has made his light shine upon us.
       With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
       up to the horns of the altar.

 28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
       you are my God, and I will exalt you.

 29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
       his love endures forever.

This reminds me of Revelation 4:

8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

   "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
      the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come."

 9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

 11 "You are worthy, O Lord our God,
      to receive glory and honor and power.
   For you created all things,
      and they exist because you created what you pleased."

We were created to praise Him because HE IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE!  He is worthy because He is INFINITELY GREATER than any other being!  I want my life to be a constant praise to Him.  I want Him to be pleased with my life for His sake.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to praise you.  Help me praise you.  Help me praise you in more that words; help me praise you with my life.  I pray that my life would be a testimony of your goodness and your mercy and that my love for you would be true and genuine.  I pray that you will be pleased with me, and the only way for that to happen is for you to grow Christ in me and grow me into the Body of Christ.  Please gain me for your glory.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment