Wednesday, September 3, 2008

prayer

Daniel 8, 5; 2 Chronicles 36:22-23; Daniel 9

If you ever wanted a scripture reference for a unicorn, here it is :)  Daniel 8:5

Seriously, I love the conclusion of Daniel's prayer in chapter 9:

17 "Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. 18 Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name."

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I echo the prayers of Daniel.  You are righteous and we are covered with shame. You are great and awesome; you keep your covenant of love because you are always faithful.  Please forgive us and restore us, not because we deserve it but according to your mercy.  I pray that you will use me for your sake, for the glory of your Name.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the name that is above every name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment