Friday, September 19, 2008

perseverance and rudeness

Nehemiah 5:1-7:3; Psalm 1, 107

Nehemiah and his group faced some bold confrontation as well as some sneeky deception, and yet, they persevered.  It's one of those old truths that you hear wise people talk about: "Just stay the course."

Several of these verses from Psalm 107 are particularly refreshing:

 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
      His faithful love endures forever.
 15 Let them praise the Lord for his great love
      and for the wonderful things he has done for them.
 16 For he broke down their prison gates of bronze;
      he cut apart their bars of iron.
 43 Those who are wise will take all this to heart;
      they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.


The Love Dare challenges us to take care to not be rude.  Rudeness is not an attribute of love.  So, how am I rude?  I think I need to be careful with sarcastic remarks and saying things without first thinking them over.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me persevere.  Please give me strength, and help me see your goodness.  Help me not be rude, and help me be kind.  Lord, I thank you for being good.  I praise you for being good and loving me.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment