Wednesday, September 24, 2008

recovery

Nehemiah 9:38-11:36

Based on Biblical typology, symbology, and similarity, I think the recovery of Jerusalem, the Temple, and sincere Judaism during Nehemiah's time represents a recovery or revival preceding Christ's return.  I think we are in that recovery period.

Love Dare (I missed reading on Monday, and I didn't read yesterday until late last night, so it's all backlogged in today's blog):

Love is not irritable.  To be perfectly honest, I have a tendency of being hypersensitive about stuff.  The truth is, people (including my wife) are not out to get me, stuff just happens, so I need to grow some thick skin.  It's similar to patience.  My wife is really good about not being irritable.  I need to work on this.

Love believes the best.  I'm definitely a hypocrite on this one.  When my wife and I first met (in junior high), I was a strong pessimist.  Over the last decade, she has helped me transition to an optimist/realist (I'm still growing).  Unfortunately, I still get very critical and pessimistic during arguments, also during which I expect her to "always believe the best" about me.  The Love Dare challenge was to make two lists: one of all the things you love about your spouse, and the other things that irritate you.  During my Awakening three years ago, I resolved to remember the latter no more.  Hence, I complete only the first part of the challenge:
  1. She is a sincere Believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.  She's not a faker.  She's honest and transparent.  She doesn't pretend to have it all figured out, and she's open about stuff that she wrestles with.  She is the opposite of hypocrisy.
  2. She is an amazing wife.  She is so dedicated, so loving and kind, so sweet.  I think that's what I love most about her - her sweetness.
  3. She loves people.  She loves her family.  She loves her friends.  She loves strangers.  It's amazing how much she loves people.  She especially loves children.  Her eyes light up when she gets to play with children.
  4. She is a wonderful teacher.  She is dedicated to improving.  She spends a lot of energy to make sure that she does a good job.  It's not just her job, it is her vocation.  She knows that God gave her the ability and opportunity to teach, so she glorifies Him in her work.
  5. She is strong: spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically.  She is an extremely strong person - and so balanced.
  6. She is gorgeous!  I think it's entirely appropriate to appreciate the fact that God hooked me up with an incredibly beautiful wife.
  7. (this list continues on a long way, but for the sake of brevity, I'll truncate here)
Love is not envious.  I'm not saying I don't ever get envious of my wife, I just don't think this is a big issue for me, but the point is duly noted.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please use me to bring revival to the Church and your Kingdom.  Make me a man of unquenchable worship, humble in who I am and what I have done, and wholly confident in Who You Are and what Christ has Finished.  Thank you so much for a wonderful wife; please help me appreciate her and all the other blessings you have given me.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Yahweh, my rock and my redeemer.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment