Thursday, September 25, 2008

random humility

1 Chronicles 9:1-34; Nehemiah 12:1-47

Last night I gave a couple of guys a ride "home" from church.  One of the guys shared with me how God has taken care of him through a lot of trouble and heartache: alcoholism, deliverance, divorce, homelessness - yet growth in Christ as a result.  His testimony humbles me and challenges me to trust God more.

Love Dare - the challenge today is to make special effort to greet my wife with love and enthusiasm.  I need to be better at being kind and sweet to my wife.  I think I usually act pretty melancholy at home, so I need to allow God to fill me with life and energy and express that in an encouraging way to my wife.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me be more humble.  Help me stay in your presence; help me worship you throughout my day today.  Please hold on to me because I can't trust myself to hold on to you.  Lord, please fill me with your agape love and flow your love into my wife through me.  Please give me energy and awareness to be an encouragement to my wife.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment