Monday, April 20, 2009

Jesus is the Messiah

Psalm 110, Proverbs 20

Ps. 110 1 The Lord said to my Lord,
      "Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
   until I humble your enemies,
      making them a footstool under your feet."

Yesterday we talked about Jesus being the Messiah, and before preparing for this lesson, I had never noticed His anointing in all three functions: prophet, priest, and king.  The scripture passages, Isaiah 61:1-4, 42:5-8, and 42:1-4 correspond to proclamation, mediation, and administration of justice, in parallel with Christ operating as prophet, priest, and king.

Part of the Christian life is to cooperate with Christ via His Body (the Church) in His ongoing mission of being the Messiah to all of humanity.  We cooperate with Him to bring every aspect of human existence into the wonderful Lordship of Jesus Christ.  Lordship sounds intimidating from our fallen human perspective, but the Lordship of Christ is wonderful when we trust Him by faith.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your humble servant Jesus who is the Christ.  Thank you for His death and resurrection, which proves your love and power.  Thank you for the opportunity to cooperate with you in your redemption of humanity.  Jesus, you are my master and Lord.  I trust you in faith, and by your grace, I will obey.  Holy Spirit, please empower me to keep in step with you.  I pray this in the name of my savior, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment