Friday, April 10, 2009

mercy (lovingkindness)

Here is a very simple truth on the debate of creation versus evolution:
 3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. (KJV)
The Hebrew word for mercy or love in Psalm 100:5 is the same word in Lamentations 3:22:
חסדי
 5 For the Lord is good.
      His unfailing love continues forever,
      and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
We can joyfully serve our God and master because He is fundamentally good; His character is mercy-love!  Our Heavenly Father has demonstrated His love by sending His own Son to die on the cross for our sins.  Jesus Christ is the Paschal Lamb (Korban Pesach) whose blood spares us of eternal death, and whose broken body gives us eternal life!
 
Heavenly Father, may I be drawn closer to that old rugged cross that I may see the great cost that Christ paid for my sin.  Dear Lord, thank you for your lovingkindness that never changes; may I never take your mercy for granted.  Holy God, please break my pride and help me walk humbly with you.  I pray, Dear Father, that you will show your lovingkindness to my children.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment