Monday, April 27, 2009

simple summary

Psalm 117, Proverbs 27

Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible, yet it communicates so much truth:

 1 Praise the Lord, all you nations.
      Praise him, all you people of the earth.
 2 For he loves us with unfailing love;
      the Lord's faithfulness endures forever.

   Praise the Lord!

Our fundamental purpose is to worship God, and He has revealed Himself to us as Yahweh (LORD), the "Self-existing One".  As a consequence of sin, some people in the world do not know Him, so part of our function is to communicate the truth to every nation so that everyone in the whole world can worship God.  Not only should we worship Him for His supreme and holy character, but we should love Him because of His love toward us - demonstrated through Christ's death on the cross.  We have hope of eternal life because His faithfulness endures forever.  And forever we will sing praises to Him because He is worthy of our worship.

Heavenly Father, I praise you.  I praise you because you are good, and I thank you for your infinite love and eternal faithfulness.  Lord, please help me grow in worshiping you, and please help me grow in helping others learn to worship you better.  Lord, may I be a good example for my wife and children.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment