Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aunt Jean

 
Yesterday morning I flew back home for my Aunt Jean's graveside and funeral.  She went to be with the Lord on Wednesday; she was such a dear Sister in Christ, a godly wife and mother, and a servant in the Church.  At her funeral, my hometown pastor shared from Proverbs 31, and she was indeed a Proverbs 31 woman.  I am so blessed to be a part of this family because, like most others in this family, she was full of Lord's abundant life flowing through her.
 
I was blessed by Psalm 115 this morning, especially as I remember my Aunt Jean's life: 
 1 Not to us, O Lord, not to us,
      but to your name goes all the glory
      for your unfailing love and faithfulness. ...

 9 O Israel, trust the Lord!

      He is your helper and your shield.
 10 O priests, descendants of Aaron, trust the Lord!
      He is your helper and your shield.
 11 All you who fear the Lord, trust the Lord!
      He is your helper and your shield.

 12 The Lord remembers us and will bless us.

      He will bless the people of Israel
      and bless the priests, the descendants of Aaron.
 13 He will bless those who fear the Lord,
      both great and lowly.

 14 May the Lord richly bless

      both you and your children.
 15 May you be blessed by the Lord,
      who made heaven and earth.

Heavenly Father, blessed be your name.  Thank you for my Aunt Jean and the way you blessed her and used her to increase your reputation.  Lord, I ask that you will use me to bring honor to yourself.  May my life be spent in humble dedication to your.  Lord, you are good, and your love endures forever.  Please anoint me with your Holy Spirit to continue the work of Christ.  It is in His name that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment