Thursday, April 23, 2009

Theocentricity

Psalm 113, Proverbs 23

As I finish preparing to present my dissertation proposal this morning at 11:00am, it is very helpful for me to read Psalm 113, which is so focused on God.  It is so easy to be focused on myself during stressful times, but I gain so much peace as I meditate on the Person of God.  His reputation deserves praise.  From every person on earth, and from every atom in the universe, God deserves praise.  He is unlike anything else.  While He is infinitely beyond us, He is simultaneously right here with us - through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  He rescues us from the destruction we've created, and He makes us princes in His Kingdom!

Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are so amazing.  You are eternal and good.  Lord, you are benevolent and merciful.  Thank you for the opportunities you have given me, and thank you for turning my heart toward you.  I pray that you will be pleased with me today, and that I will increase your fame on earth.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment