Tuesday, April 28, 2009

this is the day the LORD has made

Psalm 118, Proverbs 28

Last night was the finale of our Perspectives course.  The Lord certainly used this course to change our perspective of God, us, and the world.  One of the points that the speaker made last night was that in the initial development of spiritual disciplines, high structure is useful.  But once a spiritual discipline has been established, low structure is better so that we are free to blossom under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I love these verses at the end of Psalm 118; I think they communicate the Gospel so well:

 22 The stone that the builders rejected
      has now become the cornerstone.
 23 This is the Lord's doing,
      and it is wonderful to see.
 24 This is the day the Lord has made.
      We will rejoice and be glad in it.
 25 Please, Lord, please save us.
      Please, Lord, please give us success.
 26 Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
      We bless you from the house of the Lord.
 27 The Lord is God, shining upon us.
      Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar.
 28 You are my God, and I will praise you!
      You are my God, and I will exalt you!

 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
      His faithful love endures forever.

Heavenly Father, thank you for salvation through Jesus Christ.  I pray that my whole life will be worship for you.  Lord, I beg to be near you - to abide in you.  Please shine your face upon me, and mold me into the image of Christ.  I pray that you will extend your Kingdom - the reign, rule, and authority of Christ - through the practical details of my life.  May I rejoice in you today because you have created this day, and you have given me another day to live for your glory.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Eternal Sacrifice.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment