Tuesday, April 14, 2009

awareness

Psalm 104, Proverbs 14

Psalm 104 reminds us that God is acutely aware of the condition of every tree, bird, animal, and mountain.  The amazing thing is that He is personally involved with us humans!  I think He desires for us to try to be as aware of Him as He is of us.  The psalmist concludes by praying that God is pleased with all of these thoughts about Him.  I pray that the Lord will grow me to think about Him all day long.

 1 Let all that I am praise the Lord.

   O Lord my God, how great you are!
      You are robed with honor and majesty.
    2 You are dressed in a robe of light.
   You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens;
    3 you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
   You make the clouds your chariot;
      you ride upon the wings of the wind.
 4 The winds are your messengers;
      flames of fire are your servants. ...

 31 May the glory of the Lord continue forever!
      The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made!
 32 The earth trembles at his glance;
      the mountains smoke at his touch.

 33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
      I will praise my God to my last breath!
 34 May all my thoughts be pleasing to him,
      for I rejoice in the Lord. ...

   Let all that I am praise the Lord.

   Praise the Lord!

Heavenly Father, you are good, and your love endures forever.  Because of your great love, we are not consumed; your compassion never fails.  Lord, please help me set my mind on the Spirit and focus on you and your greatness.  I pray that my life will praise you and that you will be pleased with my thoughts.  Help me be aware of your presence and your control.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment