Thursday, April 2, 2009

who is God?

Psalm 92, Proverbs 2

 1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
      to sing praises to the Most High.
 2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
      your faithfulness in the evening,
 3 accompanied by the ten-stringed harp
      and the melody of the lyre.

He is worthy of our worship and praises, and He deserves thanksgiving.  He is unfailing in love.  He is always faithful.

 7 Though the wicked sprout like weeds
      and evildoers flourish,
      they will be destroyed forever.
 8 But you, O Lord, will be exalted forever.

He is patient and just.  He is eternal.

 10 But you have made me as strong as a wild ox.
      You have anointed me with the finest oil.
 15 They will declare, "The Lord is just!
      He is my rock!
      There is no evil in him!"

He is gracious.  He is personal.  He is entirely good.

Heavenly Father, you are good, and your love endures forever.  You are eternal, just, and kind.  You are mysterious and intimately knowable.  I worship you because you are supremely holy.  Lord, please fill me with joy and cause me to overflow in blessing your reputation.  Lord, please help me walk with you today in a way that honors your name.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment