Monday, April 6, 2009

praise Him!

Psalm 96, Proverbs 6

As a farmboy, I really appreciate the bolded verse in this context:

 1 Sing a new song to the Lord!
      Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
 2 Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
      Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. ...
 11 Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice!
      Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!
 12 Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy!
      Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise
 13 before the Lord, for he is coming!

But it is not fitting for only inanimate creation to praise Him!  We must tell every human in the world, because we are uniquely created to fellowship with our Creator, and thus, to uniquely worship Him:

 3 Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
      Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. ...
 7 O nations of the world, recognize the Lord;
      recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.
 8 Give to the Lord the glory he deserves!
      Bring your offering and come into his courts.
 9 Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor.
      Let all the earth tremble before him.
 10 Tell all the nations, "The Lord reigns!" ...

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me a son through the person and work of Jesus Christ.  I praise you, Lord, and I want to reflect your glory like the beautiful sunrise this morning.  Lord, please strip the pride of my flesh and give me humility and boldness by the power of the Holy Spirit to preach the Gospel to all the nations that are here in this city and my school.   Lord, please give me a worshipful attitude today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, who is the righteous King of Kings.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment