Saturday, October 12, 2013

Daily living

Luke 9:23-24 ESV
And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.

Several years ago, one of my New Year resolutions was to grow in consistent prayer.  Some time later, I coupled that with going for a walk in the mornings.  But I would say that only in the past month or two have I realized that Jesus went for a prayer walk every day.  So, for the past several weeks, by the grace of God, I have been much more consistent in going for a prayer walk every morning because I want to follow the example of my Lord Jesus.  I want to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.  If this is what Jesus did, then this is what I will do.

Practically, I have started trying to wake up at about the same time every morning, including the weekends.  This helps me be consistent in prayer and reading the Scriptures.  It is so tempting to sleep in on the weekends, and I think, perhaps, sometimes it is profitable to do so.  But I think consistency for me is very profitable.  And I believe that, as I follow the example of Christ in consistent prayer, I am sure that He will use this to grow me and strengthen my relationship with Him.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness and grace.  Thank you for your patience with me.  Lord, please help me be consistent in following you daily, in walking in the Light.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment