Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Titles of Jesus

Matthew, Mark, John

Son of God - John 5:16-26 - Jesus is able to save us.

Son of Man - John 5:27-30 - Jesus has authority to judge.

Eternal Life - John 5:39-40 - The Pharisees thought they could algorithm their way into Heaven, but Jesus is the essence of eternal life.

Lord of the Sabbath - Mark 2:23-28 - The sabbath was made by God for us because He cares for us; Jesus knows us because He has experienced life as a human, and He understands our weakness.  He knows that we need rest in Him.

Hope of all the World - Matthew 12:15-21 (Isaiah 42:1-4) - I heard a song by Imagine Dragons on the radio today that I interpreted as surprisingly transparent to the depravity of humanity and the hopelessness of life without Christ.  In the context of Jesus's fulfillment of Isaiah 42:1-4, I am reminded of and impressed with the significance of the hope I have in Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for hope and eternal life in Jesus Christ.  Lord Jesus, I know that you are the Son of God and Son of Man, uniquely qualified to save and to judge humanity.  Lord Jesus, may I rest in you, trusting you to provide for me and care for my soul.  I love you, and I ask that you will reveal yourself to me and through me.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment