Monday, October 21, 2013

Richness

Matthew 19:23-24 ESV

And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.  Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."

The US national debt is greater than our GDP.  Financial debt and physical obesity are pervasive in our culture, individually, corporately, and nationally. We consume more than we earn/burn.  We are trying to satisfy our insatiable thirst for eternity.

It makes me sad.  Too many people pretending to be "Christians", but the real motivation of their life is money and stuff, not Jesus.

This weekend, I actually spent a little time playing ball outside with Beau.  He said, "Dad, you are the best dad I ever did have."  Makes me sad. 

Heavenly Father, please deliver me and my family from the desire for wealth and worldly things that will never satisfy.  Lord, please help me invest in relationships, especially my family.  I want to take care of them.  I want to invest in making disciples.  Lord, help me want you above everything else.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment