Friday, October 18, 2013

Good Shepherd, Son of God

John 10

I think these are becoming some of my favorite passages about Christ:

To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. ... 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 

33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God." 

I have heard people say, "Jesus didn't claim to be God."  But, indeed, He did.  The Jews attempted to stone Jesus for it on the spot, but He slipped away from them.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus, the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for us.  Lord Jesus, I believe that you are God, and I want to know your voice and follow you.  Lord, please help me listen to you today.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment