Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ask and you shall receive

John 15:7-8 ESV
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

John 16:24 ESV
Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

We ask for what we believe will facilitate the bearing of fruit.  And we take joy in seeing our Heavenly Father take care of us.

Heavenly Father, there are many matters in my life that, in the flesh, lead me to anxiousness.  But this is not right, Lord.  There are two matters in particular, that are on my heart and mind this morning. First, Father, would you please take care of Rhett and give him a strong healthy heart before he is born.  Lord, would you please bless us with a good report from the pediatric cardiologist today.  Second, would you please provide the human and financial resources for Paseo to fulfill the mission and function that you desire in El Paso.  Lord, please help us clearly hear you and obey.  Father, I am asking these things because I believe in Jesus, and I believe that these things will bring glory and honor to you and help advance the Kingdom of Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus, the True Vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment