Tuesday, October 8, 2013

wasted life

Matt. 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." 

10:38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

I think both of these statements are powerful.  First, we should be focused on the Kingdom, but I think most of the time I am focused on my own life.  I need to pray for the Lord of the harvest to send out more laborers.  I think if I was consistently praying for the Lord to send more workers into the harvest, I would probably be more involved in the harvest.

Second, the consequences of not dying to yourself are severe.  We must follow Jesus.  We must "lose" our lives for His sake.  It is so counter intuitive: "waste" your life (from the world's perspective) so that you can enjoy the eternal life with Christ.

I need to think less about how to be famous and more about how to make Christ famous.

Heavenly Father, please help me focus on you and your Kingdom.  Please help me keep my eyes open to the harvest.  Please help me keep my focus intently on Jesus and off of myself.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment