Thursday, October 3, 2013

Giving

Luke 6:38 ESV

give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

This morning, before I left the house for work, Beau took a toy from Jude.  I have been trying to explain the concept of "sharing" to Beau, but he still doesn't quite get it.  This morning, I told him that people have given them toys for them to enjoy, but it makes Brandi and me happy when he shares toys yo make others happy.

I was thinking that our Heavenly Father has entrusted us with resources to take care of ourselves, but how pleased He must be when we share with others so that they will see our good deeds and praise our Father in Heaven.

I think it is a pretty strong statement that Jesus made.  Not a guarantee of financial prosperity, but a guarantee of return on investment.  Perhaps the greatest return that we can get is a closer walk with Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for generously giving up your Son, and thanks you for your consistent care (most of which we take for granted).  Lord, may I be generous in response, following the way of Jesus.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment