Wednesday, October 16, 2013

keep on asking

Luke 11:9 "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. ... 12:31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

I need to keep asking God to let Beau and Jude sleep through the night so that Brandi and I can sleep through the night.  (At least, I think that is what would be good for us.  Maybe God doesn't think that would be good for us.  Medical research shows that sleep is good for people, but God's agenda is not limited to maximization of of medical health.)

Heavenly Father, I think it would be really nice for our boys to sleep through the night so that my wife and I could sleep through the night.  We think continuous sleep is nice.  So, I guess we should keep asking you this until you either answer the prayer or tell us that we should be praying for something else.  I love you, and I know that you care for us.  Please help us have a perspective of seeking first your Kingdom and trusting you to take care of us.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment