Friday, October 4, 2013

Rest

Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

I think most people I know need rest for their souls, myself included.  In this Western culture of "more, more, more!", perhaps it is actually that we need LESS of this world and more of Christ.  More time talking with Him, more time listening to Him, more time thinking about His life and teaching, more time thinking about eternity.  More time spent with family and friends in building quality relationships and showing the love of Christ.  More time resting and relaxing.  More focus on enjoying the presence of God.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and care for us.  Thank you for Jesus and eternal rest.  Thank you for your presence.  Please help me be at peace knowing that you are with me and that you love me.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment