Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sight claims

John 9 ESV

25 [The healed blind man] answered, "Whether [Jesus] is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see."

41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, 'We see,' your guilt remains.

It is not arrogant to claim that you have sight, if Jesus gave you your sight.  It is actually a humble statement if you acknowledge that sight is received, not self-produced.  We don't even have to have perfect theology, we just have to be faithful to point people to the One who has given us sight.

Contrast that with the Pharisees, who claimed to have sight, but Jesus told them that they didn't.  They were arrogantly claiming that they had it all figured out.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me spiritual sight through Jesus Christ.  Lord, please help me humbly and boldly share the sight that Jesus has given.  May I never think that my sight is a result of my effort.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment