Friday, May 8, 2009

blameless

Psalm 119:73-80, Proverbs 8

The first challenging verse in Psalm 119 is:

 74 May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy,
      for I have put my hope in your word.

Are ALL of my Brothers and Sisters in Christ encouraged with joy because of my faithfulness to the Scriptures?  Can people see in me a love for the Scriptures?  Not just reading them religiously, but loving the Word because it reveals God Himself.  Why don't I speak of the Father's love all the time?  Why don't I quote Jesus's words?  Why don't I celebrate the promises of the Holy Spirit that are given in the Word?

The second challenge is even tougher:

 80 May I be blameless in keeping your decrees;
      then I will never be ashamed.

Blameless is one of those absolute words that you simply can not adulterate.  When you say blameless, it means perfect.  I am so far from blameless that I am thoroughly ashamed.  And it is even more sobering considering that I am a teacher.

Heavenly Father, I beg your mercy.  I am so clueless and complacent. Lord, I need your grace to follow your commands - not religiously, but lovingly.  Dear God, please help me.  I want to be blameless - for your honor and glory.  I want to be one who facilitates your joy in others - to bless you.  Help me, Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment