Friday, May 15, 2009

pure and gentle words

Psalm 119:129-136, Proverbs 15

Pr. 15 1 A gentle answer deflects anger,
      but harsh words make tempers flare. ...
 4 Gentle words are a tree of life;
      a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. ...
 26 The Lord detests evil plans,
      but he delights in pure words. ...
 28 The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking;
      the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.

Sadly, I need to be reminded of this so often.  It's not like I speak harsh, cutting words all the time, but even plain, mechanical words are not godly.  Of course, the ideal is that my words would be an overflow of His:

Ps. 119 130 The teaching of your word gives light,
      so even the simple can understand.

Heavenly Father, please help me speak pure and gentle words.  May I repeat your words of life and light.  May you delight in me being an ambassador of your love to the nations.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment