Wednesday, May 27, 2009

restoration- weeping and rejoicing

Psalm 126, Proverbs 27

Ps. 126 4 Restore our fortunes, Lord,
      as streams renew the desert.
 5 Those who plant in tears
      will harvest with shouts of joy.
 6 They weep as they go to plant their seed,
      but they sing as they return with the harvest.


These verses remind me of Joel 2:

 12 "Even now," declares the LORD,
       "return to me with all your heart,
       with fasting and weeping and mourning." ...
 19 The LORD will reply to them:
       "I am sending you grain, new wine and oil,
       enough to satisfy you fully;
       never again will I make you
       an object of scorn to the nations.  ...

 25 "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
       the great locust and the young locust,
       the other locusts and the locust swarm—
       my great army that I sent among you.

 26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
       and you will praise the name of the LORD your God,
       who has worked wonders for you;
       never again will my people be shamed.

 27 Then you will know that I am in Israel,
       that I am the LORD your God,
       and that there is no other;
       never again will my people be shamed.

 28 "And afterward,
       I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
       Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
       your old men will dream dreams,
       your young men will see visions.

I am also reminded of Matthew 5:

 3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 4Blessed are those who mourn,
      for they will be comforted.
 5Blessed are the meek,
      for they will inherit the earth.
 6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
      for they will be filled.

The Theology of the Cross is foolishness to the world (1 Cor. 1).  I must die to my fleshly self daily, and the Lord must grow my spirit into the image of Christ.  It is through this process that I will be restored.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithful love.  Thank you for your promise of restoration.  I have been foolish, and I have offended you.  Thank you for forgiving me and giving me new life by your Holy Spirit.  May I die to my selfish desires today, and may your Holy Spirit take control of my mind and renew me.  Lord, please restore me and produce abundant crops of the fruit of your Holy Spirit in me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment