Tuesday, May 5, 2009

clinging to promises

Psalm 119:49-54, Proverbs 5

Pr. 5 21 For the Lord sees clearly what a man does,
      examining every path he takes.
 22 An evil man is held captive by his own sins;
      they are ropes that catch and hold him.
 23 He will die for lack of self-control;
      he will be lost because of his great foolishness.

It is a constant focus on God and His promises to us that keep us from self-destructing in the friction of moral conflict:

Ps. 119 49 Remember your promise to me;
      it is my only hope.
 50 Your promise revives me;
      it comforts me in all my troubles.
...
 54 Your decrees have been the theme of my songs
      wherever I have lived.

We must become part of Him, and He must become part of us.  Unity with Him is the only way.

Heavenly Father, I need you to save me from myself.  Lord God, please fill me with your Holy Spirit and unite me with the person and mission of Jesus Christ.  May I be united with you so that I may fully know you and express you in your creation.  May you be the song on my lips.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment