Monday, May 4, 2009

focus

Psalm 119:41-48, Proverbs 4

These words in Proverbs 4 always encourage me:

 25 Look straight ahead,
      and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
 26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
      stay on the safe path.
 27 Don't get sidetracked;
      keep your feet from following evil.

I feel like these words are applicable for me both spiritually and vocationally.  In my academic studies, it is necessary for me to work diligently, especially these next several months.  Spiritually, we are running a marathon, and we can not loose focus in our race.  God's promise is that as we seek Him and love Him,

 11 I will teach you wisdom's ways
      and lead you in straight paths.
 12 When you walk, you won't be held back;
      when you run, you won't stumble.


Over the course of our lives, we will see this promise demonstrated:

 18 The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
      which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

Heavenly Father, you have promised to save me and sustain me.  Lord, I need you.  I want to know you more deeply.  Please reveal yourself to me and empower me to express you to others.  May your name be praised by the faithful cadence of the marathon pace you have given my feet.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment