Thursday, May 14, 2009

servant

Psalm 119:121-128, Proverbs 14

 124 I am your servant; deal with me in unfailing love,
      and teach me your decrees.
 125 Give discernment to me, your servant;
      then I will understand your laws.

It's easy for me to say that I am a servant of the Most High God, but am I really?  Does my lifestyle (words and actions) definitively prove that I am a servant of Yahweh?  Obeying His commands, desiring to please Him, explaining to others that He is the Good Master...

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for being a servant of my flesh.  Dear Lord, please give me humility and help me consciously realize your authority, power, and presence.  Please help me love your commands and love you through obedience.  I pray that my thoughts and attitudes, as well as my actions, will please you today.  Lord, I need your grace, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment