Tuesday, May 19, 2009

harmonic damping

Psalm 119:161-168, Proverbs 19

Ps. 119 161 Powerful people harass me without cause,
      but my heart trembles only at your word.

In structural dynamic analysis, the geometry and material properties of the structure define its vibrational behavior.  For typical structures, there is at least one frequency of vibration (known as the resonance frequency) which exacerbates the amplitude of vibration.  The spiritual question here is:  What makes you move?  Am I harmonized with the Lord's Word or with the people and situation around me.

This morning I am very frustrated by my inability to control a certain aspect of my dissertation experimentation, and I am reminded that I must wait on the Lord.

Heavenly Father, please help me tune in to you and your words of life.  I pray that I will not be moved by the frustrations of my work, but rather, Lord please work in my heart and life to change the situation for your glory.  Father, I need your help, and I depend on you.  I am ignorant and weak.  Please help me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment