Thursday, May 7, 2009

hallelujah!

Psalm 119:65-72, Proverbs 7

 66 I believe in your commands;
      now teach me good judgment and knowledge. ...
 68 You are good and do only good;
      teach me your decrees.

Last night Brandi and I had the opportunity to substitute for two people on our Bible Life Group's visitation team.  Ken and his wife just had a baby, and Karen was in Paris on her way back from a mission trip to Africa.  On a previous visit, the team had engaged a man named Scott (whose wife, Paula, is a Christian) about personally trusting and committing his life to Christ; he was interested, but hesitant.  Before Karen left for Africa, she purchased a Bible for Scott, which our team (Alexy, Haley, Brandi, and me) delivered last night.  We visited about current events, churches, and "end times" stuff for a little while. Then we shared several Scriptures (John 3:16; Romans 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9-10,13, and Jeremiah 29:11), and we invited him to put his faith in Jesus Christ.  We led him in a simple ABC prayer! (Admit that I am a sinner and have offended God, Believe that the Bible is true and that Jesus died for my sins and rose from the grave, Commit my life to Christ's authority and purposes)  We could tell that he was genuine, so we spent some time encouraging him in his walk with the Lord.  Hellelujah!

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for Scott and the new life you have given him.  I pray that you will teach him your commands so that he will grow into an oak of righteousness for your glory.  Lord, please protect him and guide him.  I pray that he will be a devoted disciple of Christ and that he will delight in you.  Thank you for the encouragment of letting me be involved in his coming to know you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the only name by which we are saved. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment