Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the path

Psalm 119:105-112, Proverbs 12

Pr. 12 28 The way of the godly leads to life;
      that path does not lead to death.
Ps. 119 105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
      and a light for my path.

These verses list two of the three "L"s of walking with God:  life, light, and love.  It is a journey, not just a beginning or an ending point.  Many evangelicals over emphasize the moment of faith - "Did you accept Jesus in your heart."  That's like only caring if a baby is born.  But we shouldn't jump right to the end either.  We must continually experience the Lord's presence and work through our daily lives.  We must walk with Him in faith daily, as so many have before us (Hebrews 11:1-12:2).

Heavenly Father, thank you for your patience with me.  I am so fickle, and I so often get side tracked or delayed on this path of faith.  Lord, please help me walk with you.  Lord, I want to know you and experience you.  Please advance your kingdom through me today.  As the psalmist prayed, I promise to keep your commands.  Please show me grace according to Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment