Friday, May 1, 2009

the Word

Psalm 119:17-24, Proverbs 1

The emphasis of the eight verses from Psalm 119 this morning:  word, law, commands, laws, commands, decrees, principles, decrees.  This reminds me of John 1:14:

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Similarly, from Proverbs 1:23, through Adam we all ran away from God and His Word, but Wisdom calls out for us to turn around (repent):

 23Turn back at my reproof, lo, I pour forth to you my spirit, I make known my words with you. (YLT)

Heavenly Father, thank you for pursuing me through Jesus Christ, even though I ran from you.  Lord, please give me ears to hear the call of Wisdom to repent, and give me a heart to come running back to you.  Lord, please give me a heart and mind to love your Word, not for legalism and self-righteousness, but to know you and your character.  Lord, I love you, and I need you so desperately to save me from destruction.  I trust you with my life, I stand on your Word, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment