Tuesday, May 26, 2009

guarded

Psalm 125, Proverbs 26

As I pray for continued health and protection for my wife and unborn child, I find great comfort and peace in these verses this morning:

Ps. 125 1 Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion;
      they will not be defeated but will endure forever.
 2 Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem,
      so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever.

Heavenly Father, I take refuge in you.  Thank you for your grace in revealing yourself to me and drawing me to you.  Thank you for your Word, which assures me of your loving care and protection.  I commit my wife and child into your hands; thank you that I can be confident that you are guarding me and my family.  May I continue to find favor in your sight and live in humble obedience.  Please teach me to love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment